M'hana

The "Fhylie (And Others) Post Screenshots Of You Being Mandervilled" Thread

wise fwom yo gwave

Today's Manderville Moment is brought to you from OUTSIIIIIIDE THE FREE COMPANY. Yet still....

HlRWyIp.gif

It has a certain something.

(gif is courtesy of Stegalt Reinhard, who is SOME RANDOM GUYYYYYYYY)

Edited by fhylie
  • Like 3

Thanks to Jenice and M'hana, this thread is getting revived... also further tormenting of plot 11 ward 8 of the mists

dfhgdfhdf.png

• Like 1

apparently Claus was having none of our manderville shenanigans 

(in actuality he just stopped first)

76.png

Untitled7565.png

Edited by Jynx_Veritas
  • Like 1

Since this thread has been revived and there are newcomers I wish to mention something:

While it is good and fine to have a little fun please remember to use a tiny bit of discretion and don't overdo it. In the past some got carried away to the point others felt the need to hide in their rooms and lock it or log out. You couldn't leave your character anywhere in the game world without coming back to see somebody Manderville'd you. This was one reason the tradition came to an end. So again, have some fun but please do remember to be considerate of your fellow TALEians.

Edited by M'hana Zhralyia

I don't understand why this would be a problem? Can you explain why people were locking themselves away to avoid a screenshot? 

EDIT: I talked to Aedida about it and she filled me in on the details. This thread is basically exactly the sort of thing I love about TALE and the people in it, so please do not stop Mandervilling! If you are someone who would not like to be Mandervilled, please just post your character name and we will add you to a participation opt-out sticky. This way people can have their fun without worrying about upsetting anyone. :)

So I gave up doing these but when you see a player named "Inspector Hildibrand" standing there AFK it would be a crime not to:

ffxiv_02092017_141323.png

• Like 2

How could anyone not want to be mandervilled...you know what the cure to THAT is? MORE MANDERVILLE!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hayden said:

How could anyone not want to be mandervilled...you know what the cure to THAT is? MORE MANDERVILLE!

To summarize Hayden there were a few who were overly ambitious about it which made some members feel uncomfortable. It's one of the reasons I gave up participating myself. Earlier on in the thread Torvald joked about it which I misunderstood at the time, but there really were some who were bothered by the fact they couldn't AFK anywhere without being a target. Those members have since left TALE I believe but the point of my comment was only to say don't go overboard. For example, if someone's AFK outside of headquarters or you stumble across them somewhere that's one thing, but it's another to look for somebody who's AFK and actively track them down. I know it sounds silly but apparently it was happening in some instances.

2 hours ago, Bardam Qestir said:

Poor, poor Dida. So pure, so trusting.

Manderville the Dida!

I did so earlier but decided not to take a picture. <3 Dida.

I heard Aveline needed a quick Manderville. I also got her fairy so does this make it a two-for-one special?

ffxiv_05242017_135807.jpg

The tradition lives on!

Got Dashegen Kha! And a Zali Kaloti! And for added effect, Fhiliht Merlhaemrwyn with Dash's help!

ffxiv_02112018_204429.jpg

ffxiv_02112018_204851.jpg

ffxiv_02112018_205352.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/15/2018 at 9:58 PM, Dashegen said:

Insert maniacal laughter here.

What have I done... :mellow:

14 hours ago, M'hana Zhralyia said:

What have I done... :mellow:

Created a monster, obviously. :grin: