ZethLyons

GET YOUR WALLETS READY

Holy cow, if those are the actual prices that are coming then this probably isn't going to be so much an episodic experience in the vein of Telltale as it is just three full-length games. This makes me wonder if they're going to be adding a bunch of story and maybe touching on some of the spin-off stories a bit, like a segment where you play as Zach or something. If the prices are actually reflective of the amount of content that will be coming in these three parts then I'm actually excited to see the sheer scale of this thing.

That said, I am disappointed that they're not incorporating Yuffie and Vincent into the core game, and they're just leaving them as side characters.

Out of curiosity, where are you getting this info from?

~EDIT~

Seems that my analysis of the price:content ratio was on the money.

Edited by Bryg

I'm pretty certain the picture is supposed to be a joke at the expense of this whole "game in multiple parts you'll buy" thing. We don't know what prices might be or if Yuffie and Vincent will join naturally or not. Also yeah right, sure, of course the Gold Saucer would cost real money! Just like in 14- oh wait.

Also something something "you wanted the original experience so have multiple discs".

• Like 1

They've said they are adding a lot more to the game than just the original with a new coat of paint on it and have specifically said there will be more places to explore.  Also they've said they wanted the game to not be simply nostalgic but something new that will excite long time fans.  I'm quite happy to wait until the product is released before I criticize them for doing it episodically.

Going with the episodic format is not a bad idea at all.

Really it's something that I've noticed ever since FFX : there's a much bigger emphasis on a world you can actually walk through, and not just an overworld with a couple point of interest. Plus, it'd start looking really weird considering how advanced graphics are getting when your giant, normally proportionned human runs around and enters towns as big as them (admittedly FF8 and 7 on PC with a patch did that, but it was still not that much of a difference).

So we're likely to see a much more detailed, albeit more "linear" game world, particularly with such a gameplay that features "real time" battling.

And cramming ALL of that into a single game? All at once? Even if technology allowed us to have that much data, the sheer amount of time it'd require to actually, properly release the game in one go... Yeah that would take ages. They can release the story "bit by bit" so they keep interest in the game going and get to say "look at our game again, more stuff!".

If they do go that way, I could see the Yuffie encounter and Vincent puzzle becoming obligatory segments of the game (and considering they've pretty much become 100% canon in all the other stories, it'd be weird if they were not included).

But really I just want to see all the really silly stuff in glorious HD.

The Sector 6.
Cait Sith.
Bike chasing.
SNOWBOARDING.
That play at the Golden Saucer.
Chocobo racing.
Slap fight QTEs.
Parading.

And more that I probably forget. Gonna be great.

Yes, was just a funny that I had to share. My how things have changed since the 90s...

Ahhhhh, you got me! That's good, though. Like I said, I'm really hoping that Yuffie and Vincent will be incorporated into the story in a bigger capacity than just being optional characters. I've always been a fan of Vincent so if we can see more of his backstory than what was shown in his ultimate Limit Break questline, that would be pretty great.

I also agree with Mylene that the sillier moments from the original are some of the things that I'm most looking forward to coming back... even though My didn't mention the cross-dressing/Don Corneo sequence! Also the Gold Saucer date with Tifa/Aeris/Yuffie/Barret!

The more I think about this, the more pumped I get for it. Even just seeing the stuff from the original, particularly the Weapons and Limit Breaks, get a make-over will be super cool.

Edited by Bryg

I did, I just said "The Sector 6" because really, that place's pretty funky as a whole. I wonder if we'll still fight houses from hell (plus really everyone's expecting the crossdressing sequence so much devs went out of their way to say "don't worry guys, that sequence WILL be there!").

I did not mention the dating because imo, the play sequence is a bigger silly moment (and if you date Tifa/Aeris, it's not reaaally just a funny scene).