Calico

Stormblood

Guest M'hana Zhralyia

Finally! Ala Migo! I was wondering when we'd get to enter Garlean territory. Though I was hoping we may see an actual visit to Garlemald instead. A direct encounter with the empire, Eorzea fights back to defeat them on their owl soil.

I hope that this expansion will bring me back to the game, I've missed XIV. Near the end of 3.0 was just was not having fun with the game and was tired of its formula. Though I hope new classes (supposedly multiple new classes, hopefully one will be DPS Samurai) will spark a renewed interest for me in the game. 

This is very exciting and I love the way they were fighting, though I am sure it won't be exactly like that in game lol :)

So looking at the pic... this kinda looks like a samurai sword.... I know wishful thinking :P

Screenshot-10_14_2016-8_03_58-PM.jpg

The only job that's been semi-confirmed is Red Mage. The prevailing theory is that the "dancer" is just a familiar Monk in a fancy dress.

That being said, I'm really hoping for Dancer.

• Like 1

this loo0ks really exciting! I can't wait!

My guess is Dancer, but man, so pumped!

Guest M'hana Zhralyia

Considering that monks were supposed to have been the primary protectors or Rhalgr if I recall in Ala Migo this theory makes complete sense. Besides from the short trailer we saw it would seem that dancer is just another punchy-punchy clone mimicing monk in that case. At least from what we might tell for now given the heavy focus on the fight sequence and the glow would be their chakra being released. A monk/pugilist's fighting style is very much like what we see although maybe not as expressive as the woman at the start of the trailer.

What stood out the most for me however is that Ala Migo or what I might assume is the city didn't seem as opressed as I might have imagined. I always pictured Garlean soldiers everywhere, banners, symbols, maybe even buildings made using a design similar to the magitek machinery they used. The trailer seemed to be devoid of it.

The Empire's strength has weakened since the Calamity and the push back against them so it is possible that they have gained some sort of independence. Also this makes me realize it may be the FIRST time we ever leave Eorzea, right? Well if you don't count trips into the void. Was Ala Migo part of Eorzea or its own land? I do remember it was supposed to be near the eastern borders of the Black Shroud.

It's not Ala Mhigo, but a hamlet where the Ala Mhigan resistance is based.

We will be seeing proper Garlean architecture, but that hasn't been displayed yet.

Guest M'hana Zhralyia

Okay, that answers that question.