Sign in to follow this  
Kahooli

Any updates about login queues?

Hi guys,

I wish I could play! I work a lot of hours and just got home, only to find a login queue over 4000. There's no way I'll be able to get in the game tonight, yet again. I wasn't able to get in last night either. I was able to log in for a little while during the day on Saturday and Sunday, but I just don't have enough free time to still play after being in a queue for two hours or longer. All I see on the forums/lodestone is "please use the world transfer service." It's very frustrating to not get any updates from the devs about this. Has anyone heard anything else? World transfer is not an option for me because I like it here so much :). Was Heavensward this bad when it launched?

Hopefully I'll get in game sometime! I'm very close to finishing the MSQ for 3.0, and hope to be able to participate in more stuff with you guys as a result. 

Guest M'hana Zhralyia

The current situation is unlikely to change any time soon. Those that left have returned in full force and there are also new players joining. To top it off Balmung is far beyond its capacity and probably not shrinking by much even with the transfer incentives. Best suggestion is to either try on the off hours or sit tight for now and play a different game. Eventually the hype will die down and everything will smooth out within a few weeks.

All I can suggest for now.

EDIT: Heavensward wasn't this bad but this expansion has been promoted on a much larger scale than the first one. Many gameplay mechanics have also been heavily revamped, something not seen since ARR first launched. Version 4.0 has a LOT more going on than 3.0 did when Heavensward debuted. This is also the first time players finally get to leave Eorzea for a new land. Heavensward introduced parts of the original game and access to Ishgard. Can't really compare that to Ala Mhigo and a whole new landmass.

Edited by M'hana Zhralyia

That's unfortunate to hear...I may need to cancel my subscription for a time if that's the case. I don't want to be paying for a game that I can't play. 

Update: Got into the game after a two hour queue, played about 15 minutes, then got kicked out. Tried to log back in and was greeted with a 4,011 queue. No thanks. 

Edited by Kahooli

Depends on the time too. Early morning I got on very quickly and friend of mine late tonight got on with almost no Q at all. They are working on it and it will get better soon enough. ^^

Thanks for putting up with my venting, everyone. Yesterday was a very long day at work and the queue was kind of the last straw. I do hope it gets better soon! The lack of communication from SE has been the frustrating part. 

Fortunately today is my day off and I was able to log in this morning and I was FINALLY able to finish the 3.0 MSQ! 

• Like 1